HPE Aruba Networking approached Coterie with an ambition to work with Service Providers (SPs) in a Managed Service capacity. Their existing SP partners were reselling, but not embedding it into their offer. HPE Aruba Networking were not confident in who to target within the SPs, nor how to target them.
They sought our help to identify the right partners, then improve awareness and perception within the relevant partner teams.
Harnessing the strengths of the findings in our own “Ecosystems 2.0” research, we helped HPE Aruba Networking fulfil their ambition, by:
- Identifying the right partners. The research found that mapping and monitoring of the ecosystem is vital for marketers. To address this need, Coterie developed a ‘Partner Prioritisation’ tool that helps evaluate partners by strategic fit and engagement category. The tool objectively positioned HPE Aruba Networking’s partners without bias. We showed them a clear picture of which partners they should prioritise, identifying those that are strategically aligned with good engagement.To capitalise on the results, Coterie recommended 1:1 partner ABM campaigns to the identified “investment ready” partners.
- Creating the right message. Our research stated the need for succinct, clear, and compelling messages to cut through marketing noise to attract and formulate new relationships. Coterie recommended the development of a joint partner VP for each of the target partners.
- Developing the right go-to-market approach. Driving performance with ecosystem marketing is challenging. Research showed that the key is thinking laterally and personally about what partners are looking for. Together, we developed a set of assets with powerful messaging from the VP. We placed them in an omnichannel environment, not something that would typically be considered for a ‘market to’ objective. The optimised tactics included an eBook, vlogs, and landing page. These were then promoted through a targeted, focused LinkedIn campaign to maximise brand awareness and educate the partner on the joint value.
- Over 35,000 impressions of LinkedIn ads
- 750+ landing page visits
- 70 high quality MQLs from the eBook
- CTR on LinkedIn ads over 3x industry average
- Increased engagement initiated by senior stakeholders from the partners sales teams